Demonic Oppression and Possession
This document will outline the symptoms of demonic oppression and possession.
It will tell how to identify if you fall into one of these categories and what you
could have possibly caused you to get into the mess you currently find yourself.
We will tell you have to break free of these forms of demonic harassment through
our savior Jesus Christ.
Definition of Terms
- Demons: fallen angels who sided with Satan in his rebellion
against God in the kingdom of heaven (Rev 12:4). Now referred to as demons.
- Demonic Oppression: due to actions or behavior of a person that results in
mild to extreme harassment by fallen angel (demons).
- Demonic Possession: when one or more fallen angels (demons) inhabit the body
of a human being taking control of that body by expressing their will and behavior through the
body of the possessed person.
Symptoms of Demonic Oppression
- abnormal, irrational fear
- abnormal, irrational anxiety
- abnormal, irrational loneliness
- lack of self control
- conflicts with authority figures
- aimlessness; the feeling that life is void of any meaning or purpose
- depression that is not physiologically induced.
- outburst of hatred
- violent behavior
- loss of the fear of God
- selfish ambition (appetite for power)
- irrationality, inability to detect or correct contradictions or other fallacious reasoning
Causes For Demonic Oppression
- sexual immorality with demon oppressed or possessed people
- preoccupation with UFO phenomena; attempts to contact extraterrestrial beings
- escapism through thrill-seeking, sci-fi, soap operas or some other addicting hobby/activity
- any contact with demon oppressed or possessed people that threatens the demons
- wrong use of drugs and alcohol
- wrong use of herbs
- hedonism: pursuit if entertainment and or body pleasure
- participation in false religions or cults
- rejection of what is known and understood to be true
- preoccupation with occultic power, occultic revelation, psychic phenomena
- rebellion against authority
- seeking or giving consent to occultic revelation or occultic power
- authority figures' acceptance of Satanic influence
- dating relationships or close friends with demon possessed people
- poor self-image
- anger against God and others
- possession o (known or unknown) of occultic games, records, tapes, books, pictures,
charms, tools, etc... (This includes the Ouija Board)
- persistent jealousy
- bad temper or stubbornness
- preoccupation with violence devoid of justice
- mediation on anything other than God's truth
- chanting or other cultic/occultic forms of worship
- prolonged sleeplessness
Symptoms of Demonic Possession
* Conclusive evidence of demonic possession.
- intense, maniacal delight in wielding power
- filthy, uncontrolled swearing without provocation, even toward total strangers*
- total incapability of submitting to anyone or anything but demonic authority
- irrevernt, vile, lewd comments about members of the Godhead; comments attributing
gross sexual immorality to Jesus*
- sustained supernatural strength or intelligence beyond that which might come from
adrenaline or some other physiological source*
- irrationality to the degree that even the simplest spiritual truths are beyond comprehension
- intense, highly disturbed reaction to the mentions of Jesus' blood shed on the cross
for man's sin and Jesus' name
- possession of supernatural, occultic powers (ability to foretell future events, to levitate
tables or other objects, or to travel outside the body (astral projection)
- wild, unnatural facial contortions (no not like Jim Carrey)
- presence of two or more distinguishable, coherent personalities, personalities capable of
expressing themselves simultaneously (may include emergence of strange voices, dual or
multiple voices and/or unnatural conversations)*
- unexplainable,, uncontrollable terror especially in the presence of Christians whose
faith is strong* (this terror arises either from the demon's fear of being cast out or
from the possessed person's fear upon being cruelly threatened by the demon(s)).
- extreme violent, reckless behavior (throwing knives, playing with poisonous snakes, etc.)**
- severe, persistent depression, despondency and/or temptations to commit suicide**
- total lack of self-restraint, especially in sexual behavior; uncontrolled sexual advances
- extreme disregard for physical appearance and/or physical well-being**
- intense loneliness, even in the midst of warm, compassionate fellowship
** The demon's goal here is to get the possessed person to kill himself and/or others
before they act on the opportunity to become Christ's captives.
Causes For Demonic Possession
- participating in gross sexual immorality
- grossly and habitually rebelling against authority
- blaspheming the Holy Spirit (consistently rejecting the work of the Holy Spirit as
He reveals truth and convicts sin)
- possessing and/or using occultic tools, charms, books, music, souvenirs, etc.
- having parents of others close authority figures open doors to Satan's influence
- craving and seeking after occultic power or revelation (taking E.S.P tests
or other psychic aptitude tests)
- giving consent to occultic power (seeking after fortune tellers, having an astrological
chart or forecast made, etc.)
- holding on to deep-rooted grudges against God and others
Freedom From Demon Oppression and Possession
- Examine your life for any thing that might relate to the fore mentioned causes.
- Repent of those causes and confess it as sin in the opening of these causes by
your authority figure.
- Take action to demonstrate repentance and purify your life, including:
- Release resentment/grudges against God and others, and seek forgiveness of
those you have offended by your resentment.
- Repudiate and renounce any and all occultic involvement; seek forgiveness
of those you have offended by it; totally destory all books and other objects
connected with it.
- Get back under the authority of your parents, husband, pastor, elders, boss,
teachers, and/or other against whom you rebelled; again, seek forgiveness wherever necessary.
- Ask Jesus Christ to take complete control of your life - with His will supreme, not
your own. Dedicate your heart, soul, mind, and strength to be used for His glory, for the
fullfillment of His purposes.
- Freedom from possession can be attained with an intense effort of your will, seek the help
of God and of strong, mature Christians. Attempt to communicate your desire to be set free.
Casting Out Demons
- Make sure the person in question is really possessed. Seek confirmation.
- Exercise empathic repentance first, closing any open doors to demon influence
in your own life.
- Get not only the consent of the possessed person, but also that of his/her key authority
figures, to cast demons out. (Luke 11:24-26)
- Enlist the help of five or more physically and spiritually strong Christians.
- Do NOT lay hands on the possessed person, except as necessary to prevent bodily harm.
- Identify the demon (or each demon, in cases where there are more than one) by asking
him to give his name.
- In the name of Jesus and by the power of His shed blood, command the demon(s) to leave.
- Watch for deception -- Remember: there may be more than just one or two.
- In cases where a demon is particularly stubborn, engage in group fasting and prayer.(Mark 9:25-29)
- Carefully and diligently lead the person through each step of closing doors to
demon oppression/possession (given above). Remember that bringing the person to salvation,
to the indwelling of God's spirit, is the only prevention for further demon possession
- Stay close to the new convert and help him get involved in a solid program of discipleship
in fellowship with other believers.
Last Modified: Tuesday, May 14, 1997